Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I miss u

We never bothered to ring her bell, but would just give her a missed call and she would understand that we were waiting under the tree behind her house. She would quietly sneak out and we would set out for yet another “Evening Walk”, full of adventure, mischief, drama, action, gossip, singing songs, playing fool, and laughing away to glory. Laughing out so loud that tears would roll down our cheeks, our stomach would start aching and people within a radius of 500 mts would know that we are upto something. We didn’t bother about anyone. We would dance like no one’s watching, we would ramp walk like we are super models, we would play like innocent kids, we would fight like wild cats (physical wrestles included), we would go up the hill and study as reading in a library was too mind-numbing, before leaving for an exam we would fight on whose vehicle is lucky and who is gonna drive, after every evening run we would hog onto Pani puri and chocolates, every second day we would be in non talking terms and detested each other so much like they are the only nasty piece of work in my life. Thanks to her we always reached college late (even though I would reach her house on time, she would take hours to eat her HEALTHY breakfast). We were partners in crime, but people loved us.

And then we pledged that we would call each other every day. Now years have passed by. We don’t call often (rather once in 2-3 months), but whenever we talk it seems like just yesterday when we would hide up in a corner of our house and talk in the middle of the night over the phone for hours, when we would wake up each other during exams and teach the portion we had learned up, when we would sit together on the railing of our terrace and spit or throw water at those who passed by, when we would cry and comfort each other. They know I love them, just like I know they love me. Now everything has changed. We have grown up, matured, experienced, responsible, and accountable but that teenager always wants to go back in time and cling. I never wanna grow up. I don’t want these responsibilities, I don’t want to live on my own, I don’t want to pay my own rent and wash my own clothes. Every day after office I wanna go home where my parents are waiting for me, where my dog comes and gives me a hug, where I cuddle up with my sister while sleeping (and she would draw a line on the bed which I was not supposed to cross), where I have something to look forward to, where they are waiting for me for an “evening walk”, where ma cooks food for me and I don’t have to bother about eating on time before the mess closes down, where Bapu would write my speeches for debate competitions, where I don’t have to bother if the bai has cleaned my room.

I miss those days. I miss them. I miss being stupid and immature (even though many of u claim that I still am stupid and immature).

I guess this is life all about CHANGE

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm.. i wish i could just turn bck in time.... even i wan to get bck to my school/coll days... there's no point in behaving in a mature way always.. as v grow old.. in fulfilling all our responsibilities to d fullest.. i guess v become more n more stiff frm within..as v grow older v r loosing our childlike nature .. our innocence.....no matter how old v grow .. at heart v should always be as young as a small kid....of one person tht i knw who despite of all d responsibilities n committments n duties has kept d childlike nature alive is u .. PALU...never change always keep tht innocence n child in u alive

Next to Nothing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Svarupa said...

enjoyed - Swarup

Anonymous said...

Ihmmm... gud one though except for the fact tht i would have been happier if u mentioned ma name some wre... there in those lines so tht ppl know its bout u n me moti..... love u loads for everthin u do couldnt have imagined ma life without a best friend like u.. u know who it is!!!!

Deepaish pall said...

beautiful very few can express their feelings in this fast moving world and you have turned out to be one of them no one could have put this in better words than this