Friday, December 19, 2008

One Chocochip muffin please

Today, after a weeks’ morning jogs, healthy meals, relinquishing sweets, refraining from coffee and regular dance classes, I have realized that “It is impossible to lose weight”. After repeated reminders from my friends and family “itna meetha mat kha” I continued to live on sweets. I never bothered about weight coz I assumed that I’ll never grow fat. Even if I did, I’ll get rid of it in a day or two and never let that layer settle on me. I would crave for sweet and when I didn’t find anything sweet to eat, I would just eat raw sugar. What do you expect??? Now I am fat. Fat is ugly!!! And how much ever I try, all my efforts are going for a toss (even though it’s been only a week). It seems like ages when I had Gajar ka halwa in hostel or ate kalakand every time I passed by sweet shop, or had a chocolate fantasy in our canteen, or a cheese cake in Sweet Chariot.

“What the hell!!!”, I thought to myself and went down to have a piece of choco chip muffin dipped in chocolate sauce and ice cream, where I saw this huge lady who nearly took up the entire place near the counter leaving no scope for the person behind her to place an order. I was alarmed. What if I grow like her. I’ll destroy every mirror that couldn’t lie, I would never come out of my room, or even better, I would just get a knife and cut off the extra flab, I would…… while all these thoughts were running in my mind, I heard her say “One choco chip muffin with 2 scoops of ice cream”. I was taken aback. I couldn’t feel my legs. All sweaty and shocked I stood there when I saw everybody around, looking at me, pointing and saying, “That’s what u are gonna look like”…. Could I be any more terrified?

So now I have decided to give myself another week.

I wish I was like jughead who can eat till eternity and yet manage to be slim and lean. I wonder how that feels like?

5 comments:

Deepaish pall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Srikanth said...

Most people might disagree with me when i say this but hey... the key to staying fit is not in running away from food but in the craving for it... The more you eat, the healthier you are..

There is no food on this planet that has enough fat that cannot be burnt in a half hour walk or 15 min run...

Look at me n keshav.. we eat in one day what you probably eat in a week.. Do we look fat?? :P

hydeous said...

Since you asked, it feels good! :P

rajoojamwal said...

Hi Deepali this is ur dad. Who do u think told u that u were fat. Not by any stretch of imagination. Is being 52 kg fat? what has gone into ur generation these days

ROHINI DUTTA said...

duh!!!!
i just said chocolates.........not all sweets........besides if ur fat then im jumbo jet size...thanks !!!