Friday, December 5, 2008

Real problem

Waking up in the morning has always been a challenge for me. When I was in school and exams on my head, I would rather study all night rather than setting up an alarm for morning. Nothing has changed since then. Even today (when I am a working woman), everyday without fail, I set up an alarm for 6 am so that I can go for a jog, work out a little before leaving for work. Everyday when I look into the mirror, I swear by myself and set up a time limit that within a month I’ll lose weight, I’ll wake up early and exercise. Par Itihaas Gawah Hai that day has never come.

But “enough is enough” I thought yesterday before sleeping and had made up my mind that if I don’t go today I’ll never lose weight. At 6 in the morning when alarm started ringing, I got up. In my sleep wore my track pants and T-shirt and lied down on bed again. I was too sleepy and could hardly open my eyes. While lying on my bed I thought of the promise I had made to myself and it terrified me. I woke up, went for a jog, came back and did some yoga, had my breakfast and everything was bang on time. I was feeling fresh and new. I saw so many people on street at 6 and thought to myself “If they can, so can I” and I will.

Only if you can overcome that moment of getting up from bed and walking to the washroom, then your battle is won. That is the only difficult part. After that life becomes easier and you feel light and healthy. (though as the day passes, you start feeling sleepy towards the afternoon=)).

I hope I can maintain this routine.

1 comment:

Srikanth said...

I know.. the most difficult part is to get your lazy backside from the bed to the washroom.. But I might have a solution for that...

Remember school, when I literally pulled you around the ground and made you run...

I know I am not there now, but I think I can use my special physcic powers to enter your dreams and so the same.. :P