Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My world is suddenly crowded

Till a week back, my family consisted of my mom, dad, sister and Mishti. Now it has multipled. It consists of my mom, dad, sister, mishit, Ashish, his mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law and nephew. Phew! (and mind you, I am not even starting with the extended family).

On Feb 12 (the day families exchanged gifts and officially our status changed) the photo-ops were many and there were 3 cameras and 2 video carmeras. That is if I do not include the Handycams brought in by NDTV, Aaj Tak and Headlines Today. As a result, there could be a few snaps where the smile is fake. But I can assure you, those lines on my forehead (save-me) are real.

Now for the picture time. Each picture comes with an explanation….

The redden moment: When everybody had arrived and were seated in the drawing room, my dad brought me in front of everybody from behind the curtains (where I was watching Srilanka v/s New Zealand match) like any typical hindi movie. You can see me, fiddling with my ring and bangles. This is what happens when you are seated in an uncomfortable position and can’t even re- adjust coz any slight moment of yours would make head lines in tomorrows paper.


















The Moment: This pic was snapped when Alka di (Ashish’s sister) was covering my head with the dupatta, symbolizing that I have been booked. You might notice the picture is a bit blurred, that is because my dad’s eyes were moist at the moment with tears while clicking the picture.



















The mother-in-law moment: This was the only time when I had no thoughts running in my mind (apart from the I-hope-bindi-is-positioned-in-the-center-of-my-forehead). She’s a gem of a person, and I was at peace in this moment shared with her. I think the picture is dark, because by this time my dad was wiping his tears.



















The what-next moment: This was clicked when my lap was overloaded with gifts. Even though my expressions suggest that I am smiling and blushing, I am actually confused and looking at my mom, waiting for a signal from her to tell me when to bow down and touch everybody’s feet.



















The bowing moment: I was instructed by mom that I should touch every elder’s feet after the function. As luck would have it, I was the youngest in the room (if we exclude 2 year Vidyut). Even though this was something new for me, it didn’t show. Thanks to the one hour practice with my dad. Even though my expressions are not captured, I am wondering, when would be the right time for me to stand up?



















The Big Family: Now we are a big happy family. First row (left to right): Alka di, Ashish’ Mausi, my mom, the shy me, Ashish’ mom. Second row (left to right): Vidyut (who had no clue what was happening), Kanishka (Ashish’ brother-in-law), Ashish’s dad, my dad (if u look closely, his eye are still moist) and Ashish’ Tauji. The only ones missing in this picture are Ashish himself, Shanu and Mishti of course, who likes to be clicked individually and hates group pictures.



















God willing.. (and our family photographer willing) you will see many more such snaps on this website.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

you look gorgeous as ever

Jyoti Tiwari said...

Sweet Cute And Very Very innocent you are looking in those pics. ............

that's what I can say about you honey !!!!!!!!

Deepaish pall said...

Congrats!! again dj you look marvelous and so does your family(including the extended one)

God bless you!!

praveena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
praveena said...

hey....nice blog....nice pics...nice family!

Anil Chaudhary said...

just got back after a hectic trip to delhi (units raising day) and jaipur for some work. just like others do, i also checked my mail after returning back. just like other days i see a mail from my dear friend( who i know since she was a kid ) and who is like a daughter to me and monika (my wife). My God !!! i cant believe it.....(though i knew it). Pallu, I saw the snaps of ur engagment and really enjoyed it. i was trying to make my self believe ....the girls have grown up......marriagable.....and yes she has got engaged. And yes...time flies..no doubt...it flies at a speed that you take sometime to make yourself realise that things which you had just imagined are happening now.
Pallu....the snaps were mesmerising....the event must be so. Its a gr8 moment for all of us...specially for sir and maam. Our heartiest congratulations to the jamwal family.

Deepali Jamwal said...

@Charmaine: Thanks ya! but i know I looked good :-)

@Jyoti: Well! wat can I say, I am innocent.

@Deepaish: thanks. will need ur wishes all the time

@Praveena: glad u liked it (blog, pics n family)

@Anil uncle: First of all, happy b'day uncle. SEcond of all, hope u enjoyed the raising day and missed us. and Third of all, soon time really flies. U will not even know and Iba will be all grown up very soon. Thanks for your wishes uncle. Will always need them.

hydeous said...

Much congratulations Deepali!!
You don't look uncomfortable in any of the pics :P
Well done with all the ritual-y stuff.

hydeous said...

Oh, I liked all the descriptions!

Deepali Jamwal said...

@Keso: thanks a million. BTW I loved ur post too... hilarious.

Unknown said...

oh! so now u engages and also a script writer too.
kya yaar

Srikanth said...

The Deepali is the getting married???

This is the news to me...

Congratulations!!

And yeah, u feel at home in all that ritualy stuff...

ashish@greatwhitenorth said...

Very uniquely put..... I love it! You'll get used to all the feet touching rituals pretty soon, I am pretty good at it. My suggestion would be to just follow my cue.. :)

Deepali Jamwal said...

@Kanth: Yes, The Deepali is getting the married... I sent out pictures to u in ur mail, but it bounced back.
BTW, i feel at home, coz I was at home :P

@Ashish: I am glad u are good at it, coz U'll hafta do that a lot. I'll somehow get away wid it... :)

Deepali said...

very happy for u palu....:)

rajoojamwal said...

Lovely post Beta. Well brought out & beautifully described. Both of us wish u all the best.
Mom & Dad

Saima said...

Oye.........

Aaj koi chala hai saj ke Piya nagriya re.............

zindadil777 said...

heartiest congratulations.....