Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Memory #4: My princess Dia


6 months ago, our precious little Dia decided to grace us and make this world a little more happier. She completes our family in every way.

It’s hard to believe that we’re already halfway to her one-year birthday. Time has flown, and how. We always thought of Ansh as an easy kid. He never made much of a fuss, didn’t throw tantrums, slept all night peacefully, and has had very few meltdowns. We thought we got lucky once, but we’d be pushing our luck asking for an easy kid the second time around. So, we were prepared for the worst, but to our surprise, a very pleasant one, Dia takes ‘easy’ to another level. Seriously! I take her to my dance classes, any networking events, coffee shops, and she just chills in her car seat passing smile to everyone she sees. She is by far the smiliest baby I’ve seen. 




We just completed our first vacation with her, and I think the closest she came to fussing was the one night when she was exhausted from a 22-hour travel. Not one cry.



She is a dream baby who makes our lives, as busy parents, the easiest to manage. I think I’ve only seen her cry a total of 7 times in the last 6 months. She has been sleeping through the night since she was about 6 weeks old. I am incredibly thankful for that!!! Ashish and I can’t handle sleep deprivation well and feel so lucky that she began sleeping for longer stretches at such a young age.  




She can sort-of sit up… she definitely can sit upright in my lap but unassisted, she usually topples over after a minute. It’s hilarious to watch. Note to self: record her topple in slow motion. She has been kicking a lot lately, almost like she’s ready to run. My baby girl is growing up way too fast. I am not ready for it yet. I recognize her rapid growth when I examine how big her little hands are getting or when I realize she’s ready for size 3 diapers. 



Ansh and Dia have had a monumental influence in my life. Besides everything else, it has altered my concept of time. The saying about motherhood, ‘The days are long and the years are short’ feels so true. I feel like it was just yesterday I was talking about her newborn pictures. 





One thing that’s noticeably different – at least for me – is that I am in no rush for her to do anything. With Ansh, I used to be at the top of everything. Making sure he’s on track with his progress. Rolling over by 4thmonth and sitting up by 6. With Dia, I want her to take her own time to do things. Is there anything wrong with wanting her to be a baby as long as possible? It breaks my heart how fast Ansh is growing, so I guess I’m trying to savor this baby stage with Dia, since this time I know how fast it’s over.




She is the squishiest, most delicious little thing I’ve ever carried. She absolutely loves to stick her tongue out at people, and she laughs when people do it back to her. She has been passing smiles around to people ever since she was 1 month old. Her smile is very infectious too. It fills up those chubby cheeks of her. She laughs the hardest when Ansh makes her laugh. It’s absolutely, the most adorable thing to watch. Ansh and Dia playing together makes my life complete. That is exactly why we decided to have another kid. 


Dia has brought such light to our family, so it’s very fitting that her name means “light”. We may not have known right away what her name would be, but as soon as we did decide, we knew it was perfect. Now I can’t imagine our beautiful Dia being anyone or anything else, and I look forward to the next 6 months.



No comments: