Monday, August 23, 2010

To Ashish, with Love

On completing eight months of courtship, I wrote this to Ashish:
Dear Ashish,

Remember this day? No, the fact that it lies on the same day as Rakshabandhan has nothing to do wid it.

Silly me! How can you ever forget this day? I have been reminding you on 23rd of every month to send me flowers the next day as a celebration for completing (tolerating in your case) another month with each other.

This was the day when we first saw each other and I decided to marry you. Don’t know what took you so long to decide? (Considering I was at my best behavior and was strictly instructed to talk less).

The journey so far has been so beautiful and thrilling. Be it those heavy-on-pocket phone bills or be it those swollen eyes after night long chat session or be it the sullen mood coz of wretched internet connection. (Wondering what the beautiful part is?)

I am so happy that we eventually agreed on to become husband and wife. I know, during our last few conversations we have had doubts over who is husband and who is the wife. But isn’t all that secondary? Isn’t just being together such an exhilarating experience?

I still remember how you were sweating before talking to my dad at first. Despite rehearsing over the conversation a hundred times, you ended up calling my dad “Mr Jamwal”. (If you are not in the army, you won’t know what a disgrace it is for an officer not to be addressed by his rank) My dad, the soft and gentle person that he is, decided to give my hand in yours (the person who refused to acknowledge his contribution to the Indian Army for 36 years) for our better future. (Whose better future?)

We have had a cool eight months together. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching you on skype. Don’t worry even if you don’t get leave to come a week before wedding, but please make it for the wedding. Marrying you on skype would be difficult (who would carry all the gifts from reception hall to home?)

Let us celebrate this day by chatting for an extra hour online and sending out to each other e-cards. (Man! Technology has got played a big role in our relationship).

Love you always,
DJ

5 comments:

ashish@greatwhitenorth said...

Although there are many incorrect assertions in here (like reminding me about the date and flowers!), I tend to overlook them all for this is our day of celebration. Neither of us could emphasize more upon the relevance of technology in our relationship......Thanks for a lovely recap Dee!

Deepaish pall said...

awww!! love you both from me too. And yeah i should get something too for i was also there:-)

rajoojamwal said...

A good post Paloo. Humorous as always.
Love u

Madan Chander said...

awwww... kids these days !!
;)
want some help with the reception gifts... On one condition. I get a All-I-can-eat buffet...
:D
Nice post...

Btw, I am in the same period of courtship.. hehe

provoqd said...

First of all.....OMG!!!!!!! How did u manage to remain quiet for such a long period of time. I guess sleep is the only time when that happens :)
Please shed some light on the 'thrilling' part of this topic, I am interested in knowing that :D
The incident connected with ur dad looks like 1 straight out of a film,lols.
Hey your pockets were not heavy due to bills but due to the phone itself. Quite a nice & cute post. :)