Friday, June 11, 2010

Wat to do?

I have always been a very outspoken and straight forward person. By being critical I thought I was helping people overcome their shortcomings, but now I think it’s in my blood and being critical comes so naturally to me. I wouldn’t have realized this fact if Trishna wouldn’t have left a message on Ashish’s facebook profile, “Deepali is too outright. Both of you will soon be outcast-ed by the society. I am just warning you”.

Being the loving person that he is, replied instantly, “That’s great! Then both of us will live in isolation and will have all the time in the world for ourselves”. I cant be more thankful to god for being kind enough to bless me with a gem like him. I wish I could be equally happy for him. :)

I am critical but not heartless. I wouldn’t want Ashish to be outcasted because of me. So I took a self analysis test and thought of replies which could be more diplomatic than my spoken words.

Situation 1: Trishna shows a cute healthy baby picture to me on facebook:

Trish: Isn’t he the cutest… gopuchhululupuli (that’s the funny noise that she makes when she finds anything cute.)
Me: Aaawwww… really… look at his cheeks falling like a bull dog
Probable answer: Aaaaaaaaawwwwww… really… look at his cheeks so healthy. No where in comparison to a bull dog :)

Situation 2: Purvi checking herself out in the mirror asks me:

Purvi: Do you this I look fat in this dress
Me: Purvi, It’s not really about the dress.
Probable answer: Purvi, yeah I think its about your dress. I bet if I wore it, it would add another 20 kgs on me as well. :)

Situation 3: When Purvi was booking her railway ticket and I suggested she should rather travel by air coz the tickets are easily available:

Purvi: I don’t feel safer traveling by air
Me: Of course you don’t. With that weight, even the pilot would be scared flying
Probable answer: Of course you don’t. But maybe you could book two tickets for yourself, so that would compensate for your extra weight. :)

Ashish says that I should atleast try and keep in good books of Trishna coz once we are outcasted by the society we will have only her to bank upon. On the contrary, Trishna says that she would be the first one to throw sho(e) me away. Dunno wat to do? :)

7 comments:

Trishna said...

the world is kind..u will live, Dee.I wont vouch for the safety of ur hair, limbs and eye..etc..but live to kar hi legi!
btw,i feel immortalised....in ur blog.

Deepaish pall said...

HAHA!! Dont worry my doors will always be open for you two!!

ashish@greatwhitenorth said...

See....how skillfully Trish saved herself from any future commitments :)...haw haw
Don't worry hon, we'll be happily isolated! :) ... except of course Deepaish who'll come to our rescue...

Madhuri Kaushik said...

Hey...I kinda enjoyed reading your blog, especially your experiences as an army kid, and I could totally relate to (being one myself). I am sure u are as much fun as your blog!

Deepali Jamwal said...

@Trish: u r welcome
@Deepaish: thanks.. tera hi sahara hai :)
@Ashish: Happily isolated? hehehehe... jo bhi hai, my parents will never disown me:)
@Madhuri: didn't know u r an army kid too. i'll miss being one...

Anonymous said...

Haha..its best to be yourself, the way you are, say wat u feel!
Society will adapt!
After Kalyug, its FaceBook!! :P

rajoojamwal said...

How could Trishna even think that someone could isolate such a lovely child as mine. Tell Trishna to beware!!!!!!!!!!!