Friday, June 11, 2010

We never fight!

Ashish and I never fight. There is an unspoken understanding between us. Whenever an argument begins, he keeps quiet, will let me finish my side of the story, very gently put his view forward, calm down the ‘yelling’ me and then apologize. :). He’s a very well trained boy friend.

Some of you might think that he’s a hen-pecked bf. Before I even start proving that he’s not hen-pecked, let me tell you that being hen-pecked is not an easy task :)

“I think I’ll make all d wedding cards myself”, I said that after one of my quilled cards was appreciated and accepted well by the society.

“No sweety, that’ll be too taxing. We would rather get them printed from outside”, said the concerned person in him.

“You are just not confident about my skills. Aren’t you?”

“You know that’s not true. If you want we’ll get atleast half of them printed” I could sense hesitation in his voice

“I know you don’t wanna take chances Ashish” I call him by his name when I’m angry

“Hon, you are misjudging me” He dare not call me by MY name even if he’s angry.

I remember telling him (or ordering him?) that I might not attend the wedding myself if it wasn’t according to my plan. That’s when he gave up. And ever since then, his conversations are pretty much limited to the following words:
“As you wish”
“If that makes you happy”
“I am sure that’s a beautiful plan”
“Of course we’ll have it your way. (Like I have a say?)” I could read his mind.
“BTW, I don’t understand why do I keep getting an “All d best” message from your friends?”

5 comments:

Deepaish pall said...

Dude stop troubling the poor guy!!
Stop scandalizing him yar!!

ashish@greatwhitenorth said...

I did figure out the "All the best" message quite some time back! :) .. but I still prefer the no fight policy as it prolongs the smile on your face...

Aarti Durvasula said...

the last bit was totally funny! :)

Ashish@ Dude 'All the best' :P

rajoojamwal said...

Paloo u better not take anything for granted. Wait till u get married!!!!!

Madan Chander said...

Awww... all the best folks. I'm soon to enter that world !