Monday, November 2, 2009

Unbelievable

China might be great in technology, US might be leaders in Science, and Singapore might top the developed country’s list. But there is one area where no one can surpass India. It’s ancient art. Without wasting space and time in explaining what I am talking about, I shall simply narrate an experience which kept me spell bound. This is how it goes:

Life has not been at its best for the past couple of months. Lots of queries about my future, my job, relationships, and many more, had clouded my mind. This is when I decided to visit ‘Nadi Jotish’, the much talked about topic amongst my friends circle. Even though my mom is a typical “How can this happen, when it wasn’t written in your kundali?” types and the types who would make you wear stones and rudraksh to keep the evil away from you, I have had very little faith in astrology. But I decided to give it a try.

So I enter the place and they ask for my thumb impression along with the initials of my name i.e. D P L, and asked me to wait for 15 minutes. While I waited outside, and had barely read 1 chapter of Chetan Bhagat’s “2 States”, I was called inside again.
“We have found your thumb impression”, a mellow voice came from behind me as I observed pictures hung in the room. He was a typical looking swami with long beard and moustache, draped in white dhoti and a shawl and smelling of chandan.

“What does that mean?” I enquired. Didn’t I give them my thumb impression myself? So what’s the big deal?

There lay a wooden log on the table with both of us sitting on either side.

“This has the some leaves in it. Out of these, one of the leaves will have your details.” He said, while pointing towards the wooden loaf.

“So let me get this straight. Are you trying to say that one of the leaves is mine? With my name, my past, my history and my entire life story encrypted on it?” I said inquisitively

“Yes, you just have to answer me in a “Yes” or a “No”” Swamiji said

“OK”. This was getting very exciting. I wanted to see if he will actually find my leaf. Despite the fact that I am no celebrity, I’ll have a leaf of my own.

He started questioning, turning each leaf ahead:
“Are you the youngest daughter?”
“No”
Next Leaf
“Are your parents separated?”
“No”
Next leaf… He had to turn about 20 leaves till he asked me, “Is your dad a govt servant?”
“Yes”
“Are you 2 sisters, you being the elder one?”
“Yes”
“Have you completed dual qualification?”
“Yes”
“Is your sister studying overseas?”
“Yes”
“Is your dad’s name Raj, Mum is called Geeta and sister is Shifali?”
“Unbelievable, how did you know?” I shouted in excitement while I got goose bumps on my arms.
“It is all written on this leaf”
“You mean my name along with my family’s name, my future, my past, everything?”
“Also your past birth and your future birth”

After that, he told me about my future, year by year. The year when I’ll be married, to whom I’ll be married, my future job, where will I be settled, etc. I don’t know how far is this gonna be true but I was truly astonished by the way he found me leaf.

My suggestion to you people: Even if you do not wanna know about your future, at least go there once to check out that there exists a leaf which has your details on it written ages back by some saint. Isn’t that amazing in itself?
India is India!!!

1 comment:

rajoojamwal said...

Astonishing!!!! Not the leaf part----but that there is no comment on this blog!!! Even the leaf part. After having spoken to u in detail on the phone, ur mom and me were really surprised. Of course the future could be true 'with a pinch of salt' and I really mean only a pinch.
Love u