Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ahmedabad awaits me!!!

I knew I was God’s favorite child the day I instructed him to set the question paper for my History exam according to my preparation. He was kind enough and did exactly what I had asked. For some reason, other kids (who claimed they had slogged more) were upset over the fact that their hard work was all in vain. That day I knew that god was on my side.

Today again he has proved me right. I have detested Mumbai since the very first day, and my aversion is clear from all those post in the past describing Mumbai. Chances are, if you are a Mumbaikar, you will not like my blog and if you are not, then you’ll probably be able to relate to my posts. Also, I fear if my blog gets very popular and somehow Raj Thackeray reads it, I’ll be punished to either leave Mumbai or write all my posts in Marathi. (BTW I know the Abu Azmi incident was such a shame, but honestly I thought it was hilarious. It’s been a long time since I have seen such fights. Last time I saw it, I was in 9th standard and two boys fought over ice-cream. It was something similar).

As I was saying, I have tolerated this city for 1.6 years and am finally shifting out, to Ahmedabad. No, I am not getting married. This was the first thought that crawled minds of my warden, watchman, cook, my train- companions, and many others. Why can’t a girl as old as 18, be left alone from the thought of marriage? (Ok fine! I am 24). I am just shifting jobs.

At first I was reluctant to go to a completely new place. No friends, no relatives, no one known, no life, no alcohol, no non-veg. Even though I don’t consume alcohol or eat non-veg, I just thought of penning it down to illustrate what a DRY place Ahmedabad is. ;-). Pratixa, Nirav and Abhishek spent nearly a week in persuading me what a clean and desirable life Ahmedabad has to offer. Understandably so, since their home town is Ahmedabad, or is it because they cannot tolerate me here anymore and so much so, want me to leave the city altogether so that I am nowhere in their vicinity.

Whatever the case maybe, I am not as scared now. Maybe because I am more excited about the fact that I’ll finally get to stay on my own. The real-estate prices being so cheap, I can finally afford to rent an apartment and live by myself. No more yelling warden, no more irritating roommates, no more sharing my space, and no more interacting with people who get on my nerves but only because I have to stay with them, I have to be nice and sugar coated.

Lets see what is in store for me.
Wish me luck people!!!

6 comments:

Deepaish pall said...

well i know something good is there for you and it will be for you best. BTW when did you stop eating non-veg??
any ways all the best for your new journey in life at a new place!!

Deepali Jamwal said...

@Deepaish: I became a vegetarian about 6 months back... and now I can't remember why???

Saima said...

Loved your instant thoughts...

All the very best for future dear...

I will miss you a lot...

because sometimes you were the only reseon for me to come hostel early...

but anyway ... sab hi pyaare log hamesha saath nahi rahte...

Jahan raho , khush raho...

Rahul Pahwa said...

Congratulations...I am sure bidding farewell to city will fare well for you.. Pls endorse my case to your God..Cos My god Does not seem to budge...

Gaurav Sharma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rajoojamwal said...

Well I do wish u luck & am sure u will need it after what u & ur mom have told me about Ahmedabad & how dirty the place is???? All the best and make the best of it.
Love u