Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sisterly Love


I went back to my room. Everything was just perfect, at the right place. My room looking clean, like never before. Those yellow curtains brightened up my room leaving the dazzling sunlight behind them. The room looked attractive with pink bed sheets and neatly arranged belongings. The mesmerizing fragrance of incense sticks increased the already existing aroma of my room. Everything looked fantastic. Yet, something was missing. Something was incomplete. Ah! It was her. I could feel her absence.

The moment I dropped her to the station, I had tears in my eyes. I am sure her heart was heavy too. But since we are, “Oh! Don’t be too sentimental” sisters, and “I am not dying, just going away for a while” sisters, and “We don’t hug each other enough but we have immense love for each other” sister, so no one spoke anything to each other. Last time when we expressed our love for each other, that I can remember, was, when Shanu mailed me from Singapore “Di, Thanks for all the love you showered at me in the form of unlimited shopping while I was there in Mumbai. I love you and I hope you know that, so we shall not discuss this mail hereafter”

She was in Mumbai only for 3 days and I re-lived my past in these 3 days. I had everything planned. Places to visit, movies to watch, shopping to do, everything was scheduled time to time. Even though most of it didn’t tally with my schedule, we did manage to have a lot to fun and I am sure she experienced my LOVE again. Can’t believe 4 days back I was full of enthusiasm and excitement, running all over the city, making plans, re-stocking my room with chocolates, collecting her favorite movies, and now she’s gone.

The first time she left for Singapore, I cried my eyes out. I was nothing without her (I still am not). When I was down with Jaundice, she would attend my classes. She would lose weight if I was sick. She would motivate me to study. She would guide me in every step. She would improve my fashion- sense. No one could tell that she is my younger sister (of course! height parameter not being considered). And then, when I received her first letter, I was thrilled. Almost in tears, my hand shivering with excitement, I managed to read the first sentence which read “Di, please don’t cry on reading this”, and I burst into tears. I finally had to take help of my friend to read out the letter to me.

I know I don’t say it enough, and I also know that you are very much aware of the fact that “U R my favorite” (of course! After me)… But here, I just wanna let u know that I love you beyond limits and that u r my inspiration in whatever I do. I would be nothing without you. And also let you know that I am all senti right now, so you can ask for how much ever LOVE you want, before the moment dies….

7 comments:

Saima said...

Hey Deepali !!!
I think, Shanu is lovely enough that no one can resist to have soft corner for her.You know sometimes the nostalgic memories of our beloved ones keeps us alive...

shifali said...

Oh no! Am I late?? Has the moment passed?!
And you published my mail we decided never to speak of again.
Oh and this reminds me I'll write you a letter on your b'day also =D (So save up some tears!)

AND you didn't even turn for the last time at the station. Meri aankhein wanted that last moment. tsk tsk.

@Saima: Thanks so much di. It was equally lovely to meet you too!

Deepaish pall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deepaish pall said...

well it shows how pure is the bond that you two have.
Lovely !!!

Deepali Jamwal said...

@Saima: I think I am lovelier than her. hehehe

@Shanu: Of course u r late. That's the reason I ask u to be a frequent follower of my blog

@Deepaish: No no... there is no bond. That was just in the spur of moment. Now it's gone.

rajoojamwal said...

I think I spoke to u to tell u that it was a lovely sentimental blog. Nice to see ur love for Shanoo-- I hope she has the same for u--- must be since tali do haath se hi bajti hai!! Just kidding I know how much she loves u. Keep it up.
We all love u
Mom & Dad

Jyoti Tiwari said...

Lovely !!!