Sunday, March 1, 2009

Random Scribbling

This post was written on Friday


I was thinking hard today (though some of you might wonder “With what?”). But couldn’t get a decent topic to write about. Usually this never happens. Usually there are many thoughts running in my mind. Usually I have a hundred topics to discuss and write about. Usually I can never keep quite. But today was unusual. I sat down to write and went blank. My mind was as clear as water from Aquaguard. (Booooooo!!!! Cant even think of a decent comparison). So thought of random scribbling.

1. Right now, the only excitement left in my life is MY NEW PHONE. It’s the sexiest looking thing ever created by mankind (at least out of all the things I can see right now). Till yesterday wherever I went, my phone caught every souls’ eyes. Alas! Now I have to cover it with an ugly looking black colored mobile cover to prevent it from getting scratched. Then why do I need to cover it? Because, it got embarrassing every time I told people, who admired my phone, “not to touch the screen”; wrap it up in a tissue when we sat to have lunch; and cleaning the screen every two minutes to prevent it from dust particles. It’s like Cindrellas’ step mom hiding her beauty from the rest of the world, only difference being I am doing it with good intentions. I hope my phone could understand that.











2. Today I have no work at all. So I decided to collect as many movies as possible and watch them over the weekend. I am sure the divisional head thinks I am the busiest person today, walking from one desk to another with many pen drives in my hand. Little does he know. Now I have enough movies to survive my weekend.

3. “Your future depends on your dreams, so go to sleep” --- by some sleep deprived person

Only if dreams could come true, my name would be on Guineas Book of World Record for being the girl “who saved the world most number of times from disaster”. Every day, I either save the earth from falling into the free space and crashing into another planet, or I eat the huge monster before it could swallow earth, or I am the super girl who kicks a stone into space to fill up the gap which is being created in ozone layer, or I divert the flow of water which is going to submerge the world, by blowing air towards it, etc.

4. 4. Today’s headlines “India tops the huger list”. Man! What is wrong with India. India is failing its rural poor with 230 million people being undernourished — the highest for any country in the world. Malnutrition accounts for nearly 50% of child deaths in India as every third adult. People please, wake up. Please don’t waste food in your plates. That’s the least you can do. Take only as much as you can finish. Next time before you go for a wedding and waste food that could feed 4 children (just because it is for free), think of people who die of hunger (it must be most awful).

5. 5. A lady in the bus was scolding her child for wetting the bed. Reminded me of my childhood. Like you guys never did??? Have you ever dreamt of visiting the loo for taking a leak…and midway through got up and found that you were still in bed and your trousers were wet? I have had many such dreams… Initially, I would sleep through the whole watering exercise. With time, I started getting up as soon as the watering exercise was over. Once up, I would remove the wet trousers and place them deep inside the laundry bag, wear another trouser and be ready for operation salvation. Though not much of rescue was required. Once I came back from school, the bed sheets would change. Probably mom and dad knew about it, but decided to turn the blind eye so as not to break my confidence.


6. Found this quote interesting “Practice makes a man perfect, but no one is perfect, so why practice”… hahaha.

7. Elections in Pakistan. Hmmm, they still have elections in Pakistan? What’s the point of a ruling party there when….. ah! Forget it!

No comments: