Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I am not ME anymore

My mother always said that I had a million dollar look. I doubted her till I was tall enough to see in the small mirror mounted on our bathroom's wall. After I saw myself in the mirror, my trust in my mother increased a million times. "She has taste", I told myself.

It has been many years since I was born.... and I still look like a million dollars. Just that the million dollars seem a little over-used and ragged.

Some of the major growing issues that I have been facing are:


My hair is no longer mine

My hair, for some reason, have matured (even before me) and now wants to lead a life of its own. I find it in every corner of my room trying to build a family of its own. Where ever I go, I leave a trail of my hair.

Fed- up of my hair's revolt, I have been cutting it regularly... But none of the beauticians I have come across know how to cut it properly. It always grows back. I want to remove the root cause... but nobody seems to know how.


I Own my set of Teeth

I have always had good teeth. At least that's what everybody is made to believe, as a part of my first impression. Thanks to those miraculous hands of all the dentists I have ever been to. Nobody could ever figure out which ones are my own and which ones did I pay for.

I bet none of you own your set of teeth. The first set (the milk teeth) that fell off in the early days itself and then the tooth fairy gave me another set. That fell one by one - during those bi- cycle falls, chocolate eating days, and those arguments with parents (Don't ask, whats the connection?). Unlike you all, who thrive on a gifted set, I have now paid for and own a set of my own.


My face is losing its Glow

You wouldn't believe me, but there was a time when I had a pretty face. So much so, that in 9th standard while playing Meerabai, my teacher (lady) actually winked at me. Back then, I was too young to understand this.

It is said that a beautiful face is a passport. It opens the doors of nations. Alas! the passport has expired now and the authorities have ruled out a second issue.


I can't remember names

I am sure, it happens to everybody at some point, that we see a person... we know that we know that person... we know that we were good friends at some point... we know we used to share Tiffin... we know, back then, we couldn't stay without each other.... but sadly, we can't remember their names.

In my case, it was worse. I remembered the name, forgot the face. Despite of my FRIEND telling me repeatedly that she wasn't Shalini, I refused to believe. I continued telling her, how much she has changed and how much do I love her new hairstyle, untill she gave me that "Leave- or - I'll - cry" look. It pained me to see that look on a FRIEND's face. So I left.

1 comment:

rajoojamwal said...

Sweet heart u r just the same as u were 20 yrs back, chirpy, bubly, energetic & cute. Ur hair, teeth face & mannerisms r just the same if not improved, since for ur parents u cannot change. We love u in whatever form u r.