Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happening New Year!!!

My apologies to those who religiously visit my blog (They being very few, I can’t afford to lose them). Life’s been very busy at work front. My Grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was less competition there. I being the hard worker that I am have not been finding time at all for my FANs ;-) sorry once again.

My mom had conveniently convinced us how we always tend to remain in the same state of mind as on New Year’s Day. If you cry on 1st January then you end up crying the entire year, if you smile then that’s what you do for the rest of the year. If you study on that particular day then you’ll study the entire year. Now this looked like a fair deal. We had to study only for a day and rest will be taken care of.

This New Year’s Day, I consumed calories!!!! OMG! I am gonna do that for one whole year and yes, this is the year when my worst night mare comes true and I grow FAT.

All scared and panicy I went on a diet for a week. But the only thing I lost was the week…. Nothing else. I also vowed never to consume sweets and keep my hands off condensed milk. C’mon! Whom am I kidding? I have guzzled Condensed milk my entire child hood as it was delicious and FREE. Now it's a necessity to keep my taste buds alive.

So dieting was futile. The next best option would be to burn the calories I consume. I made a time table (reminds me of my school days when the only thing I would do was renew my time table). Wake up early morning, jog, yoga, meditate, work, walk, dance, yoga and sleep. The only thing that I am following now is “sleep”. Quite typical me. What was I thinking?

Now, the only option left is, rush to a temple now and pray to god to make all my other friends fat. If you are my friend, I am kidding about the last option… ;-) I am just signing off to WORK.
Cheers

5 comments:

Deepaish pall said...

God!!! you know god has a very special place for you he always listens to your request now i cant even think what will happen to me now i know why i have been gaining some pounds since the new year!!!

ashish@greatwhitenorth said...

I am hoping you are very serious about letting go of all crappy eating habits of yours.....high time you start listening to others!

Deepali Jamwal said...

@Deepaish: u ignored my last sentence. I was just kidding abt it. But if blaming me for your weight gain makes u feel any better, then be it... ;-)

@Ashish: crappy eating habits? u call junk food, chocolates, condensed milk and oily food crappy? May food god forgive u for your sin! Amen!

ashish@greatwhitenorth said...

......but I would need forgiveness from a deity now I presume! :)

rajoojamwal said...

Nice blog darling! But what happened to ur eating such food the whole year. Dont give it up, after all u cannot let down ur mother.
Keep it up
Love u