Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Don't mess with me

Somebody had said “Revenge is a dish best served cold” and they are still trying to find out who said it. Don’t believe me? Check out Wikipedia’s page on ‘revenge’.

In all years of my life, I have had my share of revenges. It all began when I was in class three and somebody stole my scented erasers. In those days, relatives coming from countries like Singapore and Malaysia would hand us cylindrical, scented erasers in fancy plastic containers. The containers would be in various shapes…and mine was a pink peacock. I remember the eraser being a major hit in my class.

As luck would have it, I lost it after a few weeks. An average eight-years-old girl would have suspected the whole World if she lost her scented eraser. But not me, Sir. We Jamwals know our enemies when we see them…and that’s why I zeroed in on my classmate Akanksha Dutta (Name changed to keep the identity a secret). She was the only suspect because my peacock shaped scented eraser had dethroned her Mickey Mouse eraser!

Back then, I didn’t know that revenge was a dish best served cold…so I decided to act the same day.

I laid out my plans. I couldn’t steal her Mickey Mouse eraser because I would have been the prime suspect. I couldn’t cut her eraser into two because the whole class knew that I carried a Topaz blade in my geometry box. And I couldn’t draw moustache on her Mickey Mouse eraser container because I only had sketch pens which were not permanent and she would have easily washed it clean.

After days of thinking, my plan was devised. On the D-day, when Akanksha was not near her geometry box, I stole the scented eraser but left the Mickey Mouse container intact. This was to give her the false impression that she still had her eraser.

The moment I stole the eraser, I placed it in water so that it lost its scent. After having her eraser submerged in water for 24 hours, I placed it back in her Mickey Mouse like container. For days after that, Akanksha went around telling people that her scented rubber didn’t smell of mint as it used to. I just smiled.

After that, I have taken revenge at all phases of my life. I have locked up a girl in her hostel room and threw the keys, I made a doll out of a black sock and put it outside another girls’ room to make her believe that she was haunted, I have punctured tires, I have written scary anonymous letters and much more.

The moment I post graduated, I thought all the revenge taking would end. But, to my surprise, it still continues. A colleague has managed to fan the flames. Now I have to think of some cleverer tricks (Which I shall put up after another 20 years).

7 comments:

Madan Chander said...

Hahahaha good one..
"we jamwals zero in on our enemies.."
And yeah i think revenge, great or small, is part of everyone...
Like beating up hostel wardens for being too bossy... tsk tsk...

Unknown said...

How much will revenge answer the potent will of this jamwal girl who refuses to imbibe the one quality that our nation has been proclaiming to the whole world even prior to our formation as a nation. Ahimsa... lol jokes aside.. Miss Jamwal, i totally agree revenge is sweet and "best served cold" but y propensiate a chain of events which eventually leads to nothing?

PhilO♥ said...

Oh my God! Oh My God!
Lol ! This was crazy. I mean, were yous ure that Akansha took your eraser ? Lol!
Actually, even I puncture vehicles. Still do. Yep. Write scary letters too.
The socks one was good!
Girl, looks like I'm following you!
You rock :D
Take Care!

Deepali Jamwal said...

@Madan: I have scared my hostel warden a lot many times but never beaten her up... but yeah, now i guess i should have done that...

@Pallav: Thanks for stopping by... This chain of events leads to satisfaction... lol...

@Cursed: Is that really ur name??? lol...
thanks for stopping by... A lot more crazy stuff cud have been put up, but I decided my blog should be decent

Tabitha said...

Ha ha ha...Sweet Revenge...Nice one :)

Deepaish pall said...

well you still are good at taking revenges dj and there are countless no. of times you have done that waise i would call it more of a kind of masala in our lives

Good blog as always beautifully written Keep It Up!!!!

Unknown said...

Nice one sweetheart. But one has to get out of school & college days since life after that changes. Even if u want to take revenge, most of the times u cannot due to various compulsions.
Nice to see that ur blog following is increasing by the day. Well done and keep it up.
Mom & Dad.