Sunday, February 22, 2009

Television- I miss you

Yesterday, while I was sitting in a bus (one of the latest BEST busses with comfortable cushion seats with hand rests and a television) I happened to see a glance of this realty TV show Dance India Dance. I had often heard people talking about it but never paid much attention. But now, after seeing some of the amazing performances, I wanna see it more. Alas! I don’t have a television. Not because I cant afford one, but because it’s not allowed in the hostel. Plus, even if it was allowed, it would take up the entire place in my small room, where already my roommate and I are struggling to live in a place enough for only one person.


I miss watching Television. After coming home from college, at least I knew something interesting is yet to happen in my life. I would always look forward to what next is gonna happen to Tulsi. She had become a part of my life (even though it took me a while to recollect her name). And those laughter shows. I would finish my homework before time (or pass it on to my friends saying that I am not feeling too well) to watch the shows in peace. I remember creating a huge drama about how my head was spinning (I think I even pretended to faint) just so I could stay home and watch if Kumkum gets married. I wonder if mumma knew I was acting. Else why would she be so casual about her child falling on floor unconscious??? On a weekend, I would get up from my bed, come and sit in front of TV and be there all day. People could wonder if my bum was stuck to the chair (but hey! I did take small washroom breaks in between).


One of my favorite television channels was the Asian sky shop owned by Home Shopping Network …. It is the only channel which attempts to solve the shopping problems of India’s helpless, stuck-at-home TV viewers like me. I didn’t bother much about the products, but what fascinated me more was the way they would ACT EXCITED to sell these products. Another favorite program was Khana Khazana. It helped me a lot to get over my urge to eat tasty food while I was bed ridden due to Jaundice and could eat only plain, tasteless, white food.


The other day I was watching popular American sitcom ‘Friends’ and Joey Tribbiani blurted out: “What? You don’t own a TV? What’s all your furniture pointing out at?”
Joey had made me realize that I was living my life all ulta, so I now need to buy a house, wherein I can have my own friend, philosopher, guide- my TV, and have all my furniture facing it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol. Cute post.

Madan Chander said...

Lol nice one...
But i wud suggest not to go only by Joey's words... hehe...

rajoojamwal said...

U will own a house one day & a lots of TVs in every room. So cheer up. There is always something to look forward to.
Love u.