Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sawal 55 Crores ka!!!

What would your reaction be, if one usual day, you casually log on to your bank account to check if you can still afford to have dinner out, and to your surprise you find 7 zeros behind the figure that you were expecting? Recently, Jayesh (one of my friends) found Rs 55 Crores in his account… check it out http://www.mid-day.com/news/2009/feb/160209-Jayesh-Agarwal-ICICI-Bank-55-crore-transaction-Internet-banking-Charudatta-Deshpande-corporat.htm...


But he was an honest guy (or maybe after he realized that he might get caught if he tried to withdraw all the cash or maybe he thought that ICICI might reward him for his frankness or maybe he thought it was one of the sting operations), he reported the matter to the bank and became famous. All newspapers, radio channels and TV reporters were interviewing him. But I wonder what would I do if I was a victim to such a mishap of my bank??? Would I want to be famous or rich??? Na!!! Fame is only for a couple of days and then it dies out… But this could be my one chance to feel like a spoilt filthy rich girl who uses currency notes as her toilet paper.


I could take all the money, get it changed for quarters, then gamble until the funds are quadrupled. At that point, invest in the stock market, get filthy rich, and never spend a dime of it afterwards. Or so it seems. Then SECRETLY invest in a company searching for the key to immortality. Then just let begging neighbors, distant relatives, and long lost siblings ring at my door (disconnect the doorbell so that it doesn't bother me) for like ever, all of them hoping to get a little extra cash, then once they realize it doesn't work, they could impatiently wait for me to die, as to inherit a little $$$$ and all my cool stuff (sounding like the Sackville-Bagginses? Mmmmhhhhmm...). Little do they know that the scientists I found knew what they were talking about, and that I am now ageless. The entire point is to infuriate them, and to have a great time while doing so. Ah the simple pleasures of life.


In case you are any of my relatives, ignore the first part. Here is what I would do with all my money:

To start with, I would donate some of it to Pranay, a social initiative set up by students of SIMS (Typical?). Take one heck of a vacation with family all around the world (and tip generously). Hire maids and choose their uniform (My mom deserves a break). Set up a trust fund so that my dad can officially retire. Invest in a positive – themed film and become famous. Buy a big house on a beach and invite all my friends over every week (of course I pay for the conveyance). Buy Rolls- Royce for dad, BMW for sister and a Porsche for myself.


Guess 55 Crores is not enough for all this. Maybe I’ll buy the best robbing gear and rob a bank.


Actually, I really cant think of what I’ll do with all the money until I get it. But surely, I wont be stupid enough like Jayesh to return it back to the bank (unless I am sure that it’s a trap set up by my boss to test my sincerity).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm i thought tht u are an angle.. bt after reading tis blog of ur's i strongly feel tht i was soo wrong... u r d DEVIL!!!!..wat my friend Jayesh did was absolutely apt.. he set an example of honesty n tht every body should be very carefull wid their e-banking...... ..BTW tis is off d record ok.. just in case such a thing happens wid u then do transfer some funds in my bank acc.

hydeous said...

Did he even have the chance to do anything with the money?

I know you wouldn't do anything if you had 50Crore or however much it was.
But if you found an extra 10K in your account, would you tell the bank about it?

rajoojamwal said...

Thanks a lot for the rolls royes for me. I do hope you get that rich some day. The way u r going, the day is not too far----all in white!!! Keep on ur thinking cap & let ur dreams run wild. U r doing great. Love u

S Praveen Kumar said...

Hehe... I think... when you get the money you will be so confused that you would think it is better to return than plan what all to do with it.. :P

Deepali Jamwal said...

I dont understand why all of you think that i am not capable of taking all the money without reporting it to the bank????
@Keso: Yeah I'll tell the bank about it...

hydeous said...

Really?
I wouldn't! Screw ethics.