Thursday, April 7, 2016

9 months already!

I can’t believe you have officially been out of my tummy now longer than you were in it. When I look at your updates, you don’t even look like the same baby I brought back from the hospital. You are now a moving, babbling, crawling, busy almost- toddler. Some days I don’t believe it that I have a 9 month old. I feel your first birthday looming around the corner and it makes us ache. Watching each month pass is still bitter sweet. Watching you learn, change with each passing week is such a blessing. But packing up each box of little clothes that no longer fit you, makes me long for the days you were scrunched up like a little froggy newborn.





You are keeping your mom and dad on their toes these days. You waited long enough to crawl. Really, it took you 9 months. But now that you are moving, we can’t keep up with you! You are a little explorer, wanting to check every piece of fuzz on the carpet, every reflection of yourself in the oven, every tissue paper in the garbage can. Really! I can’t take my eyes off you for one second.

Your personality has changed so much in the past few months. You babble all the time, and even sing songs. You know how to fake-cry and you surely know how to real-cry.

We know when you are unhappy. You fuss, and arch your back and hit. I know it’s hard not being able to use words yet, especially when you are teething.



Some days are hard (and I blame most of it on teething), but most days are wonderful. You are such a happy baby. You are the center of our world, baby. We adore you and love you more than the day we brought you home. 




No comments: