Friday, December 4, 2015

Happy 6 months Ansh

So we just got back from our 2 month long vacation in India. Lots of “First time evers” happened on that trip. First airplane ride, first time meeting grandparents, first Diwali, first mosquito bite, first time fighting jet lag, first auto rickshaw ride…... and so much more. But another post will follow to talk all about the India trip, as I can possibly not fit all the expeditions in one post. There’s a lot to talk about. This post is only about Ansh's 6th month milestones

Tell me you did not fall in love after watching this video

Oh my! Where did the time go… My best guess would be, in Ansh’s delicious chubby cheeks ;)



My how you’ve changed! And so quickly! Other moms tried to prepare me for how fast you’d transform week by week, right under my nose, but I couldn’t possibly understand the truth of that until I experienced it myself.

I am fighting back tears as I write this post. It’s not because im sad that he is growing, changing, learning, expanding, exploring, becoming even more lovable and fun. I love every minute of being a part of that! I think it’s really about fear of the future. This phase will only last so long. Soon he will crawl, then run and before I know it, he will be in college. He won’t need me anymore. Ansh still seems so small and sweet and is my little baby. So I am going to try my best to let go of the worry that my baby will grow quicker than my heart can bare. I am going to enjoy every moment as I have been, encouraging his milestones, and teaching him more every day. And when those days come when I have to pack away more and more of his clothes that no longer fit him, I will quietly go and scream in a pillow and then thank God for my son who is growing healthily.  



As for me, I’m feeling good these days. I would venture to say that I’m pretty much back to normal. Emotionally, I feel pretty good too. There are days where I think I’ve got it all figured out and there are days where I’m halfway to a meltdown because I dropped his pacifier and I can’t find another one fast enough.


I love the way he has changed. He is so much fun and fill our home with such love and joy with his playful spirit. My days with him are such a gift. He literally takes my breath away when I stare at him. He is so beautiful when he sleeps, so beautiful when he smiles, so beautiful when he needs me, so beautiful when he trusts, so beautiful the way he plays, so so beautiful… there is no better way to describe him. He is beautiful. The most magnificent beautiful being I have ever seen. I’m forever thankful for him and cannot believe that God chose me to be his mama.






 Here's a video of him waking up. The cutest thing you'll see today :) 


He was talking to his bear when I walked into the room


I'm pretty sure he said "I love you"


I want to remember all of him, every inch of him. Here are some beautiful things about his 6th month: he laughs like crazy, smiles all day long, he understands some of the things we say, he looks when we call his name, he still can’t keep his hands and toys out of his mouth, he is starting to try to wiggle and move, he rolls all over the place, he sleeps on his side, he loves to bounce (my absolute favorite… it’s like a human trampoline), he is a mama’s boy (I’m not complaining ;)), he is a cuddler, he throws his arms up and down (as if trying to wave “hi”), I love waking up next to him because he greets me with the cutest smile, his eyelashes have somehow grown even longer, he started on solids and loved the rice cereal (Avocado - not so much). He is our greatest gift. And he is 6 months old today. Did I mention, this has been my favorite month so far? Although I’ve said that for every month of his life J


He is so much fun to be around


Here's him playing with his dad

I caught him playing in his walker

2 comments:

lubna said...

Can't believe he's 6 months. Seems like he was born yesterday. May God bless you ansh with long, healthy and happy life.

rajoojamwal said...

Lovely write up. As usual beautifully written. All videos are so nostalgic. Love him to the core.