Monday, June 1, 2009

What an Encounter!!!

I have always wanted to meet God. I belong to the generation that grew up watching Arun Govil and Deepika together on Television – as Lord Rama and Sita in Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan - and thus started to associate them with God. If you are as old as I am, you probably remember that Arun Govil and Deepika were hounded with agarbathis and aartis wherever they went….but I didn’t go that far. The 10 year old that I was, I just gave them the God status.

As a kid, I had asked for a big pink colored Barbie house from God, but he didn’t oblige and instead settled me down for a small Barbie caravan. So when he didn’t listen to me, I started considering Nitish Bharadwaj (the guy who played Krishna in TV Serial, Mahabharata) as real God.

When Lord Krishna also spurned my advances and didn’t deliver when it mattered most- national painting award- I realized Nitish wasn’t God either.

With time, I stopped looking for God, when I realized I was God myself. But that too faded away, when I started working. I met a few people who thought they were God… but none good enough to be placed on a pedestal. Some of these people were way up the corporate ladder and could make a difference in my career… so I stayed in touch with them. As for the rest, who cares for the sages when you have the Gods in your pocket?

To cut the long story short, my search for God ended last evening. I met him. Yes, it was a him. A very handsome one. Tall, Fair and Handsome.

I was on the way back from my office when I saw this man in white, in the middle of the road. I stopped by him and shouted “Don’t tell me you want to die so young?”
“I have no death young girl”, his voice seemed to have an echo that I hadn’t heard anywhere before.

I looked around… there was nobody on the road. I looked at the man, and he was looking attractive. I wasn’t surprised. If I were God and was creating myself, why wouldn’t I make myself another Aishwaraya Rai?

I somehow summoned up enough courage and asked him “Who are you…. Why are you standing in the middle of the road?”

“I am who I am. You have to figure out if I am a messenger of God… or I am God himself?” He said without blinking.

The street lamp was forming a halo around his head.

“So where are you going?” I insisted.

“I am in search of my best devotee”. His eyes were glazed, and I had a feeling he wasn’t actually looking at me.

“Does this person stay at any place. Any place nearby?”

“Anybody can be this person. Just have to show devotion, which I can appreciate”. He said.

Suddenly, everything fell into place. This is exactly the kind of dialogues Arun Govil and Nitish Bharadwaj would reel out in the two epics on Television. This man was actually God who had come to the World looking for an ardent devotee.

Without wasting any time I told him about my problems in life and sought his blessings.

Having finally seen God, I thought it my responsibility to take him to his home- the nearby Sai Baba temple. I then went home a satisfied gal… for I had finally seen God.

Next morning, there was a lot of chaos outside the building. People from mental asylum were looking for a young and handsome patient, who escaped last evening and pretends to be God.

9 comments:

Srikanth said...

Is this for real or you just cooked it up to get more hits on your blog :P ??

rajoojamwal said...

A good stretch of imagination. I must say ur writing power is improving by the day. Excellent piece. Keep it up sweetheart and u will go a long way---- writing long blogs.

Deepali Jamwal said...

@Kanth: Well, the part where I wanted to meet god and my office ppl thought that they were god is for real...

@ Dad: Thank u

Deepaish pall said...

heheeeeeee.... god save me really this is the best blog i have ever read yar i cant believe i was actually so engrossed in it that i was actually believing your story but than at the end i just cannot stop laughing i must agree with uncle your writing power is awesome dj you really are becoming the best in this. i really liked this blog you get full 10 for this. Indeed beautifully written
nice one keep writing....

Tejaswini said...

"Tall,fair and handsome",....indeed god..hehe.. :-)

hydeous said...

Sai Baba. Heh!!
Self Referencing God?

Deepali Jamwal said...

@ Deepaish... Thanks, though didn't expect u wud like it so much

@ Teju.... So surprised to see u here... gimme ur mail id... and thanks for visiting...

@Keso... Oh! u remember that??? Wow

Madan Chander said...

On a highly spiritual level...
maybe it WAS god.. posing as a mental patient...
On a more realistic level...
LMAO !
He had to be "smart n handsome" right...

Deepali Jamwal said...

@Madan: To be very frank, I wanted to end it on that note "where he was posing to be a mental patient"... But got bored of the long post and decided to end it there....